Olympus Advanced Reliability Test System
광자기 디스크, 하드디스크 표면의
신호, 음향분석등을 통하여, 대상 표면 및
계속적인 접촉/비접촉에 대한 신뢰도를
다른 형태의 광자기 디스크/하드디스크 시험기
모델 UMT는 재료의 표면 Tribology 특성 시험및
코팅 밀착력, 물성등 시험이 가능
The Olympus Advanced Reliability Test System is
designed to perform highly accurate in-situ component level evaluations of the
tribological performance (stiction, friction, wear and corresponding levels of
acoustic emission, magnetic signal and thermal asperities) of magnetic and
magneto optical disks and heads. Testing can be performed in the same conditions
that the drive is specified, at either single disk or cartridge levels.
Olympus systems are ideal for QC and production with up to
eight testers per system and for R&D with four or less testers per system.
Olympus testers have the highest technology available and
are the best value on the market.
Typical tests performed on Olympus testers are:
- Basic Start-Stop Test on the Disk Landing Zone
- Start-Stop Test with Periodic Head Seeking
- Continuous-Seeking Test
- Continuous-Dwell-Flying Test
- Park-Stiction Test
- Fly-Stiction Test
- Dynamic Load-Unload Test
- Load-Unload Tests at Different Disk Speeds
- Combination of the Load-Unload and Seeking Test
- Simultaneous Measurement of the Dynamic Gram-Load and Friction Force
- Magnetic Signal Degradation during Start-Stop Test
- Small Footprint
- The small footprint allows users to better utilize the available space in
environmental chambers and clean-room benches
- Flexible Hardware
- Designed to simulate the geometry of most disk drives with form factors
5.25", 3.5", 3.0", 2.5", 1.8", and 1.0". Provides user controlled spindle speeds
(up to 20,000 RPM), acceleration and deceleration with back-cogging simulation,
in both CW and CCW directions, as well as any pre-defined non-linear
acceleration profile simulation. Capable to start and stop at any defined radius
and sector on the disk. Allows for use of both up and down heads. Simple head
mounting and loading. Z-height set with an integrated micrometer.
- Precision Friction Gauge
- The proprietary friction gauge allows for precise measurements of stiction
and dynamic friction. The instrument is stable and linear from
5o to 70 o C and from 0% to 95%
- Seeking Capability
- The high performance servo allows for precise high-speed sweeping and
seeking during test cycles. Capability to return to the same radius. Seek and
sweep can be set as random or pre-defined.
- Low-Distortion Chuck
- Original spindle chuck ensures minimal distortion of tested disks.Microsoft Windows Interface
- For ease of use, all configuration, control, and data presentation are done
via a user-friendly Windows?/sup> 95 or Windows ?/sup> 2000
interface. Data Acquisition System
- Complete data acquisition system allows for simultaneous real-time
measurements and data analysis of friction, vertical load, acoustic emission,
spindle velocity, magnetic signal amplitude and thermal asperities.
Software allows for fast data processing in a convenient presentation
format. LAN and Internet compatible.
Proprietary Two-Dimensional Force Sensors
The small footprint allows users to better utilize the available space in
environmental chambers and clean-room benches.
Detects high frequency head/disk asperity interactions (up to 5.5 MHz).
AE White PaperPDF File, 810Kb
Standard ramp supplied. User's unique ramp is easily accommodated. An
absolutely flexible 4 degree-of-freedom ramp is optional with micrometers
controlling the ramp position. System control allows users to define the
Load/Unload White Paper PDF File, 202Kb
TAA for GMR, MR, Inductive and MIG Heads
Software control of write frequency, write current, bias current and gain.
Thermal Asperity Detection for GMR and MR Heads
Detects high speed thermal asperity events with total count over user
defined time. 3-D Mapping and display available.
TA Mapping White Paper | PDF File, 392Kb
Low RPM and High RPM Options
Friction testing at spindle speeds from dragging at 1 RPM and up to 20,000
- Independent Tester Control
- All testers (up to 4 per system) can perform different testing sequences, be
- Intentional contaminant introduction. Precise control of sample temperature.
- Quick Media Mount
- Easy screwless mounting of media with minimal distortion.
- Quick HGA Mount
- Fast installation and removal of HGAs with easy to use clip. No screws
required. Automated, high resolution system integrated onto a CETR spin stand.
Monitors the head-disk interface as well as the disk manufacturing processes by
measuring the reflectivity of polarized light from the disk surface.
110 V AC +/- 20 volts
50 to 60 Hz
10 Amp maximum load (includes
monitor and computer)
Environment for Test Spindles with Instrumentation
Temperature range: 5 o to 70 o C
Humidity 0% to 95% RH
Altitude to 30,000 feet
Proprietary design, ultra low drift and hysteresis
3.2 kHz nominal
Range ?20 grams or ?50 grams
Resolution <0.03 grams
High Speed Seek
75 Hz maximum frequency of seeking
25 Hz sweep at 20mm stroke
micron positioning resolution
2800 rev/s 2 maximum acceleration
Proprietary DSP spin control
Standard RPM range from 1,000 to 15,000
Optional RPM range from 1 to 20,000 RPM, ?0.5%
acceleration and deceleration control to ?1%
Data Acquisition and Control
Complex cycle generation and manual mode operation
maximum data rate
Computer system: Pentium-III w/ 64MB RAM, and 17" monitor,
optional LAN card, and/or fax/modem card.
Computer system is customized per
Contact CETR for more specifications,
a quotation or request a free demonstration at your site. Olympus HDI Reliability Test System
Brochure (PDF file 580 Kb)Custom configurations are gladly provided.All systems include installation, training, 1-year full warranty and are
backed by the best customer service in the industry.